|01-10-2008, 11:53 AM||#196|
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Home of the Spooky Express
SPOOKY EXPRESS WRAPPING UP BOWL SEASON ON THURSDAY
THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS.
Not one of my best bowl seasons by a long shot.
Maybe it was just typical of the entire year in college football.
Kind of glad it is over and now can focus on what is
important in life.
NFL Playoffs and March Madness of course.
What was anyone else thinking.
Here is a quick recap of bowl season.
Thursday's List of 13: Wrapping up the bowl games..........
Final impressions from the 32 bowl games.........
13) SEC went 7-2 in bowl games, providing eveidence that the blows that don't break your back strengthen it.
12) If Michigan had played like that under Lloyd Carr in bowl games before this year, Carr might not be leaving coaching.
11) Purdue had more points than rushing yards, still won.
10) Oregon protected their backup QB by running ball for 353 yards; getting six points with Ducks almost seemed unfair.
9) Worst bowl performance: Tulsa 63, Bowling Green 7. Not even close; Falcons' only TD was on one of their 10 KRs. If you return ten kicks in one game, you better be playing in the Arena League, and even there, you might not do that.
8) Best bowl game that could have been played, but wasn't: Georgia-USC, two of the best three teams in country.
7) Texas Tech rallied from 21-7 halftime deficit to nip Virginia at the gun. Red Raiders have to be tough to prepare for; you better have a lot of DBs who are in very good shape.
6) Clemson-Auburn was hardest-hitting game I saw.
5) Air Force, Navy combined to score 68 points, but neither won their game (Utah 35, Navy 32; Cal 42, Navy 36).
4) Central Florida-Mississippi State was awful game to watch as was the Maryland-Oregon State contest.
3) Six bowl teams scored 30+ points and still lost their game.
2) Georgia (+5) had best turnover ratio in any bowl game.
1) If you had bet back in August that Kansas would win the Orange Bowl this year, you'd be driving an Escalade today.
|© 2009 SportsForumPicks.com • All Rights Reserved | For technical assistance, contact Joe@Factsman.com
US CITIZENS PLEASE NOTE: The information contained on this website is for news and entertainment purposes only. Any use of this information in violation of federal, state or local laws is prohibited.
Powered by vBulletin